THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE FOR THE 2014 SUMMER SEASON. PLEASE APPLY BETWEEN NOVEMBER 1ST, 2013 AND MAY 1ST, 2014.
So you’re a chef trying to decide how to spend your summer. You know you want to work in a kitchen, but you don’t want the summer and your chance to enjoy the outdoors to pass you by. Do you enjoy meeting new people and making them feel welcomed? Red Horse Mountain Ranch, an adventure vacation destination located in beautiful North Idaho, may be just what you’re looking for.
And you may be what we’re looking for, too. We’re looking for a creative, energetic person who works efficiently and has knowledge of a variety of cuisines and cooking methods, to fill our AM Chef position. Our AM Chef is responsible for preparing breakfast (both buffet and to-order) and buffet lunch up to 80 guests and staff. The AM Chef can have an active role in planning the menu and is responsible for maintaining proper food levels, proper storage of food stock, and maintaining the sanitary condition of the kitchen. This includes washing and storing dishes, sweeping and mopping, restocking inventory, and general cleaning and organizing.
We welcome guests with special dietary requirements, so every cook must be able to prepare meals to accommodate all special requests. The Kitchen team prepares quality pack meals for all-day guided activities and produces fresh baked breads, pastries, cookies and desserts as a part of the daily routine. Our AM Chef is flexible and willing to work odd jobs and long hours when required.
This position is offered with housing: a dorm-style house with common kitchen and living area (expect a roommate), and most meals.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be physically able to carry 50 pounds up and down a full flight of stairs, repeatedly.
- Must be willing to work long hours, which are dependent on guest counts.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills, customer relations, and sound judgment.
- Must demonstrate safe cooking practices.
- Must be able to work as a team player, work with minimal supervision, and be able to take directions from a supervisor.
- Must wear required uniform while on shift; dress appropriately while around guests.
- Prefer 3 years of experience in food preparation.
- Prefer 1 year experience in cooking for special dietary requirements.
- Must be experienced in cooking proteins using a variety of cooking methods.
- Must have experience baking breads and pastries.
- Must have experience preparing a variety of desserts.
- Must have experience cooking soups and making fresh salads.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and be able to drive an automatic transmission (the ability to drive a manual transmission is preferred, but not required.)
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Idaho Food Handler Permit.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid first aid and CPR card.
- Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa.
How To Apply:
Fill out the Online Employment Application :
contact: Lauren Martin, Red Horse Mountain Ranch
fax: (208) 689-9686
Salary plus room and board, dependent on experience