Current Status: This position has been filled and will re-open in November 2013
Trying to decide how to spend your summer? Are you interested in a unique job opportunity that allows you to enjoy the outdoors, make new friends, and create lasting memories? Do you enjoy meeting new people and making them feel welcomed? Red Horse Mountain Ranch, an adventure vacation destination located in beautiful North Idaho, may be just what you’re looking for.
And you may be what we’re looking for, too. We’re looking for a self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys taking on a wide variety of tasks, to fill our seasonal Bartender/Evening Entertainment Coordinator position. In the mornings, this person helps out with the Kids Program’s horseback ride. At lunch, the bartender is responsible for filling guests’ drink orders and assisting the servers. In the afternoons, their responsibilities cleaning the dining room and other common areas of the Lodge, maintaining the sanitary conditions of the bar and bar storage areas, setting up for the evening activities, and assisting in the kitchen with dishes and light food prep. In the evenings, in addition to bartending from cocktail hour through the evening entertainment, this person is expected to assist the servers during dinner; set up the evening activities, oversee the activities and encourage guest participation, and clean up at the end of the night.
This position is offered with housing: a dorm-style house with common kitchen and living area (expect a roommate), and most meals.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be physically able to carry 50 pounds up and down a full flight of stairs, repeatedly.
- Must be willing to work long hours, which are dependent on guest counts.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills, customer relations, and sound judgment.
- Must be able to work as a team player, work with minimal supervision, and be able to take directions from a supervisor, including managers of other departments.
- Must be able to accurately record alcohol purchases. Bartending experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must wear required uniform while on shift; dress appropriately while around guests.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and be able to drive an automatic transmission (the ability to drive a manual transmission is preferred, but not required.)
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Idaho Food Handler Permit.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid first aid and CPR card.
- Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa.
How To Apply:
Fill out the Online Employment Application :
contact: Lauren Martin, Red Horse Mountain Ranch
fax: (208) 689-9686
Salary plus room and board