All Inclusive family fun. Idaho style.
The key to our family ranch vacation is simple. What you’ll get here is family time, healthy food, plenty of outdoor adventure, a little luxury, Mom and Dad time, a safe place for kids to be kids, and whole lot of western hospitality.
Everyone wants to do something a bit different and you’re supposed to fit it all in? Not everyone wants to ride horses all the time? You want a vacation with healthy foods that take extra care for dietary concerns, and even the kids like the food? Want to spend quality time with your kids and give them the chance to make a few new friends? Got it all covered. Don’t be surprised when the kids say this was the best vacation EVER! Don’t be surprised when everyone doesn’t want to leave. And don’t be surprised when you’re all happily exhausted and sore from having the time of your life. But don’t take our word for it. We highly recommend checking the reviews and getting the “nitty gritty” to make sure Red Horse Mountain Ranch is the right vacation spot for your next family vacation. If you come, you’ll be re-connected with your family and have one of the few remaining treasured Idaho dude ranches at your fingertips.
What does our All-Inclusive Family Ranch Vacation Include?
- Accommodations. Your accommodations will be stocked with home amenities, warm blankets and comforters, and spacious outdoor decks. In the morning, you’ll rise to the smells of fresh pastries, hot coffee, and be set with your guides for another unforgettable day. The ranch has 7 cabins or up to 20 suites. Our accommodations are a rustic luxury and everything you’d expect from a great Rocky Mountain ranch is available.
- Meals. The chefs will delight you with daily fresh breads, wonderfully plated dinners, coursed dining, and outdoor western ranch cooking. Our menus are derived from seasonal favorites and grown and farmed exclusively in the Pacific Northwest, California, and Alaska. Our menu strives to be healthy and give you a taste of Pacific Northwest cuisine and the flair of a great western dude ranch.
- Horseback Riding. Each day on the ranch, riders will have at least two opportunities for western-style horseback riding. A menu of Family, scenic, advanced, full-day, and kids horseback rides are available to you. Horseback riding at Red Horse Mountain Ranch starts at age 3 . Each of your family members will be given a horse and saddle for the week which is carefully chosen by the ranch. Advanced, and beginning horseback riders alike, will have the opportunities to enjoy their riding experiences while at the ranch. We highly recommend reviewing our horseback riding information!
- Kids Program. At Red Horse Mountain Dude Ranch YOU choose your guided adventures. With our famous Kids’ Program, parents can choose to take on the adult adventures during their week and know their children will be well cared for and have their own adventures at a child’s pace. You’ll meet back at lunch and dinner and hear all of the exciting adventures they were able to accomplish with our seasoned crew of Kids’ Counselors.
- Guided Adventures. Red Horse Mountain Ranch is well known for the long list of amazing adventures offered during your stay at the ranch. A full week at the ranch is the only way to get everything in! With a 60 foot climbing wall, zip lines, horseback riding, fishing adventures, boat rides, bike tours, archery courses, sporting clays, and more, your family will no doubt be excited to wake up every day.
- Snacks, etc. While staying at the ranch, a snack bar loaded with healthy treats, juices, milk, and other things. It is available all of the time.
- Laundry Services. Our goal is to give you as much time to enjoy your family and friends, Idaho, and our ranch. So during your (Mom) stay with us, we’ll be taking care of the laundry. Have your laundry bag set aside for the ranch staff and it will be delivered back to you that afternoon folded and ready. This should really be first in the list.
- Heated swimming pool, hot tubs, games, fishing. If you’re looking to just hang out and relax, the pool, hot tubs, and a healthy list of outdoor games are also available. The fishing pond also has fishing gear available at any time along with row boats. There is also a zip line over the pond for those looking to cool off.
- Family Evening Entertainment. In the evenings there is still plenty to do with evening activities, massage therapy, self guided adventures, games, hot tubs, heated swimming pool, and of course, quiet places to rest from the day’s adventures.
Typical Questions about our Family Dude Ranch Vacations.
- Do we need to bring anything for the guided adventures? Besides the hat, boots, and clothing suggestions, no. All of the equipment for the activities is provided and available. However, if you would like to bring your own fly rod, etc., you may do so. We recommend if you have any questions to give the ranch a call and to talk with one of the adventure guides or Cory. Each day at the Ranch, there is a menu of guided adventures available. If you will be staying for the entire week, you’ll have the opportunity to do everything on the ranch. The schedule also includes evening entertainment, meal times, and other happenings on the ranch. The schedule is located in the main lodge for all the guests to sign up for guided adventures whenever they would like. We only ask that if you are signing up, or removing your name for the horseback rides, please let one of the staff in the Trading Post know so your horse can be rested. All other changes on the schedule can be done at any time. Parents or children (ages 3-11) can also sign themselves up for the Kids’ Program activities during the week. A typical day at the ranch includes an early morning activity, breakfast, morning horseback ride (or other activity), lunch, an afternoon guided activity, cocktail hour, dinner, and evening entertainment. Lots of choices everyday!
- How many kids are on the ranch each week? Usually between 10 and 15 through the summer season, ranging between the ages of 3 and 11. There are usually 2-4 in the teen years.
- Is there something for the kids to eat late at night? How about the meals? Are they kid friendly? Yes. Yes. And Yes. A snack bar is open around the clock with fresh fruit, cereal, milk, juices, bagels, granola bars, etc. And each meal has the children in mind as well. Kid friendly and if there is something your picky eater needs, let the chefs know in advance on your activity form!
- I don’t have boots. Does the ranch? We do. Plenty. So if you choose not to travel with a pair of slick soled boots you’re more than welcome to grab a pair off the wall of boots. If you’re a big cowboy, might have to bring you’re own, sizes above 13 are hard to come by.
- So how many times do the kids get to ride horses? Everyday, if they choose to. The kids program does some kind of fun guided adventure in the afternoon like the challenge course, kayaking, archery, pottery barn, or pontoon boat rides. There are a couple of days where they can ride with you on the family horseback trips too. For kids ages 12 and up, there are all kinds of riding opportunities as well!
- What will happen with my teenager? What will they do? Teens also have the unique chance to hang out with their siblings AND they are more than welcome to go along for the adult adventures too. Most of the teens find hanging out with our staff just as fun as well. With all the adventure we have, teens usually have plenty of opportunity while on the ranch.
- I want to spend quality time with my kids. I also want to spend quality time with my spouse. Is this possible? Our ranch experience is designed specifically for this. The kids program is designed to allow you to have your children taken care of completely during their day OR you are more than welcome to join them. We even have specific time periods when you can do your adventures as your own family. During each week on the ranch, there is one night set aside for parents to dine in a formal setting (with or without the getup) and the kids have their own adventure. This is a special time for the adults to celebrate the week.
- We have someone in our party that has special dietary needs. Do you accommodate this? Yes! Yes! Yes! Prior to your arrival, we’ll have you fill out our Activity Form which includes any special dietary requests. Vegans, allergies, gluten-free, etc. are not a problem, but we do like to know of this well in advance so the menu for your time period can be adjusted accordingly.
- How far are you away from a major airport? Red Horse Mountain Ranch shuttle service is available from the Spokane, WA & Coeur d’Alene, ID regions. The shuttle service is usually the best option for those travelers with the ranch as their primary destination. If you are planning to travel onward after your stay, a rental car is usually a better option. From the Spokane Airport (Airport code GEG), the shuttle service takes approximately 1.5 hours; It takes 2 hours with getting your baggage and other traveling time to arrive at the Ranch. To be timed with your flight departures, your return trip to the airport will be scheduled 3 hours in advance of your flight, which has proven to give plenty of time, even with small children and checking in baggage. Costs for the shuttle from the Spokane Airport to the ranch are $95 for the first person, and $15 per person after that. This is a one way charge. If you schedule an advanced shuttle, you will be billed at the time of checkout. We do not include gratuities for the driver to your bill.