All Inclusive family fun. Idaho style.
The key to our family ranch vacation is simple. What you’ll get here is family time, healthy food, plenty of outdoor adventure, a little luxury, Mom and Dad time, a safe place for kids to be kids, and whole lot of western hospitality.
Everyone wants to do something a bit different and you’re supposed to fit it all in? Not everyone wants to ride horses all the time? You want a vacation with healthy foods that take extra care for dietary concerns, and even the kids like the food? Want to spend quality time with your kids and give them the chance to make a few new friends? Got it all covered. Don’t be surprised when the kids say this was the best vacation EVER! Don’t be surprised when everyone doesn’t want to leave. And don’t be surprised when you’re all happily exhausted and sore from having the time of your life. But don’t take our word for it. We highly recommend checking the reviews and getting the “nitty gritty” to make sure Red Horse Mountain Ranch is the right vacation spot for your next family vacation. If you come, you’ll be re-connected with your family and have one of the few remaining treasured Idaho dude ranches at your fingertips.
Wanting to reconnect?
We here this a alot and we search for the same thing too. It’s so hard these days to get away on vacation because of technology! Someones gettin’ a text, another phone rings, you look around the table and everyone’s on their device. A few important things to know about being on the ranch is that while we do have a wifi connection, it’s a satellite system and not the greatest. If you really have to get a few emails etc, it’ll work for that but surfing the internet at high speeds is likely to be fustrating. Wifi is available in our library located in the main lodge. Beyond that, cell phones on the ranch make really good cameras; there is no cell service. If you drive back towards town you’ll find a few bars of service about a mile or so down the road. We also make it a point to ask during meal times that devices are not used. There are telephones with free long distance calling should you need to reach someone and we’re glad to take messages for you!
There’s one tv on the ranch located in the Library and a very small selection of DVD movies which mostly collect dust. We think that one of the best things about the ranch is that you honestly are able to get dis-connected so you can get re-connected. We’ll keep you all so busy and having so much fun, everyone in your family is going to be so surprised where the week went and hopefully, won’t even care where their phone is. Imagine a place where kids have the space to be kids, parents can relax and be parents because everything is taken care of; that is what Red Horse Mountain Ranch is all about! That’s a vacation!
Bring the Grand Parents!
Not only do we offer them an extra discount, but the ranch is absolutely the perfect place! Grand parents are on the ranch every week hang in’ out, riding horses, going down zip lines, and having a blast. Sometimes they’ll join in on the Kid’s Program or just head down to the barn to watch the kids head off on their horse. There’s plenty of space to relax, they’ll enjoy the meals, and everything in between! Even if you have a grand parent that needs us to give them a shuttle once in a while, our staff is happy to do it!
What does the All-Inclusive Dude Ranch Vacation Include?
- Accommodations. Your accommodations will be stocked with home amenities, warm blankets and comforters, and spacious outdoor decks. In the morning, you’ll rise to the smells of fresh pastries, hot coffee, and be set with your guides for another unforgettable day. The ranch has 8 cabins or up to 24 suites. Our accommodations are a rustic luxury and everything you’d expect from a great Rocky Mountain ranch is available.
- Meals & Beverages. The chefs will delight you with daily fresh breads, wonderfully plated dinners, coursed dining, and buffets. Our menus are derived from seasonal favorites and grown and farmed exclusively in the Pacific Northwest, California, and Alaska. Our menu strives to be healthy and give you a taste of Pacific Northwest cuisine and the flair of a great western dude ranch. And we’re also including all alcohol & non-alcohol beverages in your stay as well. There are premium wines available for purchase, but house wines, regional beers, and spirits are all included, along with a long list of pops, juices, teas, coffee, and milk.
- Horseback Riding. Each day on the ranch, riders will have at least two opportunities for western-style horseback riding. A menu of Family, scenic, advanced, full-day, lessons, and kids horseback rides are available. Everyone who arrives at the ranch 3 years and older, is given their own horse for a week. Horseback riding at Red Horse Mountain Ranch starts at age 3. Horses and saddles are carefully chosen for you based on your riding preferences. We highly recommend reviewing our horseback riding information!
- Kids Program. With our famous Kids’ Program, parents can choose to take on the adult adventures during their week and know their children will be well cared for and have their own adventures at a child’s pace. You’ll meet back at lunch and dinner and hear all of the exciting adventures they were able to accomplish with our seasoned crew of Kids’ Adventure Guides. Zip lining, challenge course, rifle shooting, pottery barn, boat rides, horseback lessons, kayaking, and other adventures are some of the things the kids have full access to.
- Guided Adventures. A full week at the ranch is the only way to get everything in! With a 60 foot climbing wall, zip lines, horseback riding, fishing adventures, boat rides, bike tours, archery courses, sporting clays, and more, your family will no doubt be excited to wake up every day.
- Snacks, etc. While staying at the ranch, a snack bar loaded with healthy treats, juices, milk, and other things. It is available all of the time.
- Laundry Services. Our goal is to give you as much time to enjoy your family and friends, Idaho, and our ranch. So during your stay with us (Mom), we’ll be taking care of the laundry. Have your laundry bag set aside for the ranch staff and it will be delivered back to you folded and cleaned. (This should really be first in the list.)
- Heated swimming pool, hot tubs, games, fishing. If you’re looking to just hang out and relax, the pool, hot tubs, and a healthy list of outdoor games are also available. The fishing pond also has fishing gear available at any time. The pond is stocked with trout, bass, crappie, and perch. There are some real hogs in the pond!
- Family Evening Entertainment. In the evenings there is still plenty to do with evening entertainment like campfires, roasting marshmallows, special dinners for parents, Kid’s night out, laughter and more. Of course, quiet places to rest from the day’s adventures and a few hot tubs scattered around the ranch.
Typical Questions about our Dude Ranch Vacations for Families.
- Do we need to bring anything for the guided adventures? Besides the hat, boots, and clothing suggestions, no. All of the equipment for the activities is provided and available. However, if you would like to bring your own fly rod, etc., you may do so. We recommend if you have any questions to give the ranch a call and to talk with one of the adventure guides or Cory. Each day at the Ranch, there is a menu of guided adventures available. Since you’ll be staying for the week, you’ll have the opportunity to do everything on the ranch. The schedule is located in the main lodge for all the guests to sign up for guided adventures whenever they would like. Parents or children (ages 3-11) can also sign themselves up for the Kids’ Program activities during the week. A typical day at the ranch includes an early morning activity, morning horseback ride (or other activity), and an afternoon guided activity. Lots of choices everyday!
- How many kids are on the ranch each week? Usually between 10 and 15 through the summer season, ranging between the ages of 3 and 11. There are usually 2-4 in the teen years.
- Is there something for the kids to eat late at night? How about the meals? Are they kid friendly? Yes. Yes. And Yes. A snack bar is open around the clock with fresh fruit, cereal, milk, juices, bagels, granola bars, etc. And each meal has the children in mind as well. Kid friendly and if there is something your picky eater needs, let the chefs know in advance on your activity form!
- I don’t have boots. Does the ranch? We do. Plenty. So if you choose not to travel with a pair of slick soled boots you’re more than welcome to grab a pair off the wall of boots. If you’re a big cowboy, might have to bring you’re own, sizes above 13 are hard to come by.
- So how many times do the kids get to ride horses? Everyday, if they choose to. The kids program does other guided adventures in the afternoon like the challenge course, kayaking, archery, pottery barn, or pontoon boat rides. There are a couple of days where they can ride with you on the family horseback trips too. For kids ages 12 and up, there are all kinds of riding opportunities as well!
- What will happen with my teenager? What will they do? Teens also have the unique chance to hang out with their siblings AND they are more than welcome to go along for the adult adventures too. Most of the teens find hanging out with our staff just as fun as well. With all the adventure we have, teens usually have plenty of opportunity while on the ranch.
- I want to spend quality time with my kids. I also want to spend quality time with my spouse. Is this possible? Our ranch experience is designed specifically for this. The kids program is designed to allow you to have your children taken care of completely during their day OR you are more than welcome to join them. We even have specific time periods when you can do your adventures as your own family. During each week on the ranch, there is one night set aside for parents to dine in a formal setting (with or without you needing to be formal) and the kids have their own evening planned. This is a special time for the adults to celebrate the week with the adults and the kids to do the same.
- We have someone in our party that has special dietary needs. Do you accommodate this? Yes! Yes! Yes! Prior to your arrival, we’ll have you fill out our Activity Form which includes any special dietary requests. Vegans, allergies, gluten-free, etc. are not a problem, but we do like to know of this well in advance so the menu can be adjusted accordingly. Gluten-Free, vegetarian, and allergies are very typical food requirements that our chefs take care of each week on the ranch.
- How far are you away from a major airport? Red Horse Mountain Ranch shuttle service is available from the Spokane, WA & Coeur d’Alene, ID regions. The shuttle service is usually the best option for those travelers with the ranch as their primary destination. If you are planning to travel onward after your stay, a rental car is usually a better option. From the Spokane Airport (Airport code GEG), the shuttle service takes approximately 1.5 hours; It takes 2 hours with getting your baggage and other traveling time to arrive at the Ranch. To be timed with your flight departures, your return trip to the airport will be scheduled 3 hours in advance of your flight, which has proven to give plenty of time, even with small children and checking in baggage. Costs for the shuttle from the Spokane Airport to the ranch are $125 for the first person, and $25 per person after that. This is a one way charge. If you schedule an advanced shuttle, you will be billed at the time of checkout. We do not include gratuities for the driver to your bill.
- Alright, that’s a lot of information! Give me the big takeaways. Why Red Horse? Why not something else? That’s easy. 3 top things mentioned in our reviews are the staff, the amount of guided adventures, and the food. We’ll keep everyone (we really mean everyone) so active and full during their stay, they’ll almost need a vacation from their vacation at the ranch and probably a diet. If you have a well trained ranch staff, 300,000 stunning acres of Idaho, 100 horses, and summer sun, it’s going to be tough finding anything better. But don’t let us tell you, go check the reviews!