Timeframe:Begins May and ends first part of October
Pay:$1400/month with bonus, room and board
Job Description.Trying to decide how to spend your summer? Are you interested in a unique job opportunity that allows you to enjoy the outdoors, make new friends, and create lasting memories? Do you enjoy meeting new people and making them feel welcomed? Red Horse Mountain Ranch, an adventure vacation destination located in beautiful North Idaho, may be just what you’re looking for.
And you may be what we’re looking for, too! We are looking for self-motivated, energetic people who will enjoy making our guests feel at home here at the ranch by providing them with a clean, comfortable lodge and great food service.
Kitchen Assistants are responsible for maintaining the sanitary condition of the kitchen and food storage areas as well as the cleanliness of the guest areas of the main lodge, and assisting with light food prep. Job includes dish washing, sweeping and mopping the kitchen and the common areas of the lodge, food prep, and setting up and taking down lunch and dinner buffets. Some shifts may also assist the bartender and/or tend bar.
The kitchen and food storage areas are on separate floors, so all staff must be physically able to walk up and down a full flight of stairs repeatedly each day and must be capable of carrying 50+ pounds up and down stairs and across uneven ground, as is necessary. Must be able to work as a team player with minimal supervision and able to take directions from a supervisor. Job experience preferred, but not necessary. This position is being offered with housing (a dorm room with roommate and common area) and meals. The position requires a flexible and willing person to work long hours which are dependent on guest counts. Applicants should be willing to work odd jobs and long hours when duties and tasks are required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and customer relations.
- Demonstrate good, sound judgment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must be a willing team player
- Must possess a valid Idaho Food Handler Permit
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and work long hours
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and be able to drive a manual transmission.
- Must wear proper kitchen uniforms.
- Must be a US Citizen or possess a current and appropriate working visa
- Must have a valid first aid and CPR card.
You must sign in to apply for this position.